We follow a simple philosophy here at WP Pro Business. Spread positivity by any means possible.
- We provide free video courses to help individuals and businesses get started with WordPress.
- We lend on Kiva.org.
- We give back to the WordPress community.
- We donate our development, marketing, and other technical skills to small businesses and non-profits.
Not sure what Kiva.org is all about?
Their mission is to connect people, through lending, for the sake of alleviating poverty.
They empower individuals to lend to an entrepreneur across the globe. By combining microfinance with the internet, Kiva is creating a global community of people connected through lending.
It was born of the following beliefs:
- People are by nature generous, and will help others if given the opportunity to do so in a transparent, accountable way.
- The poor are highly motivated and can be very successful when given an opportunity.
- By connecting people we can create relationships beyond financial transactions, and build a global community expressing support and encouragement of one another.
- Dignity: Kiva encourages partnership relationships as opposed to benefactor relationships. Partnership relationships are characterized by mutual dignity and respect.
- Accountability: Loans encourage more accountability than donations where repayment is not expected.
- Transparency: The Kiva website is an open platform where communication can flow freely around the world.
As of November 2009, Kiva has facilitated over $100 million in loans.
We are active in various places dedicated to the WordPress community. We run a Meetup group and hold free workshops to help individuals and businesses get started with WordPress. We are active participants on the official support forums and also provide freely available plugins and tutorials.