So, you’re using WordPress and marketing your own products or services on your website. You’ve spent days crafting the perfect sales page to describe what you have to offer.
You hit “Publish” and start the traffic promotion campaign by notifying your subscribers, tweeting the page link relentlessly, updating your Facebook profile and the myriad of other methods of promoting online.
Then you get no new subscribers, no product sales, no new leads for your services. What the hell happened?
Question: What’s wrong with my marketing?
- Is my product that bad?
- Is my service something no one needs or wants?
- Are my copywriting skills not good enough?
- Do I need to redesign my entire site to make it more professional?
Answer: Relax. It’s probably none of the above.
WordPress Sales Page Basics
One of the most important things to know about creating sales pages is that even a single content element can throw off the whole thing. One headline, sub-heading, image, video (or lack of) and even one paragraph can cause your visitor to lose interest and move on with their life.
You must engage your visitors properly with the kind of content that compels them to take action. But how do you know exactly what content is hurting you and what content is helping?
Split testing. Plain and simple.
What Is Split Testing?
Also known as A/B testing, split testing is…
a method of marketing testing by which a baseline control sample is compared to a variety of single-variable test samples in order to improve response rates. A classic direct mail tactic, this method has been recently adopted within the interactive space to test tactics such as banner ads, emails and landing pages.
Significant improvements can be seen through testing elements like copy text, layouts, images and colors. However, not all elements produce the same improvements, and by looking at the results from different tests, it is possible to identify those elements that consistently tend to produce the greatest improvements.
How to Split Test Pages in WordPress Easily
Smart people utilizing WordPress for affiliate and Internet marketing have been using split testing plugins for awhile to determine what content works better to convince their readers to take some kind of action.
In recent years there has been an explosion of entrepreneurs and home based business owners starting to market and sell their own products and services online, and they may have found the existing methods and plugins for split testing pages in WordPress to be somewhat labor intensive, or even downright confusing.
In order to succeed, you must split test your offer pages, and this plugin will make the process simple and easy.
Simple Page Tester Plugin
From the plugin description page…
The Simple Page Tester plugin for WordPress lets you split test pages and posts without having to edit a single line of code.
After installing the plugin you will be able to:
- Conduct really simple split testing with a step by step interface
- Run split tests without having to insert lines of code into your templates
- Track your results easily with goals in Google Analytics
- Declare the winner of your split test and have it automatically morph into the master page while removing the other variation (saving you the clean up)
To Good to be True? Nope. Watch this tutorial we made…
Now that you know exactly…
- What split testing is…
- Why you need to do it to increase product sales, email subscriptions and service contacts…
- What WordPress split testing plugin is the simplest and easy to use…
Go get the Simple Page Tester plugin and start using it now…
To get you started, here are some ideas of what content you can change within your sales pages during your split tests that will affect your visitor’s actions…
- Opening paragraph
- Image or no image?
- Introductory video or no video?
- Call to Action phrasing (Download Now, Subscribe Now, Get Updates, Purchase, Buy, Get Access, etc…)
- Call to Action graphics (change the size or color of button images, etc…)